How to integrate Humanity with Sapho version 5.0 or greater
Category: Integration Setup
Audience: Developers building Sapho micro apps
Sapho requires regular API access to your Humanity instance. In order to accomplish this, we recommend creating a dedicated user account (for example, email@example.com) in Humanity and then using that account to configure the Humanity connector in Sapho. This account should have a Manager user role.
Using a dedicated account is particularly useful for audit logs as it helps distinguish activities done through Sapho.
How to generate your Humanity Client ID and Client Secret
In order to use Humanity’s APIs, you will need to create an application first.
Humanity uses the OAuth authentication protocol to authorize requests for any Humanity API endpoint. So, you will need to get your Client ID and Client Secret from Humanity. To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Log into https://www.humanity.com/ with the dedicated account you would like to use.
- Navigate to Settings and select API v2.
- Enter “Sapho” as the Application name.
- Set Redirect URL as https://www.sapho.com/oauthcallback and click Save. Your app registration should now list a new application.
- Click on the newly created Sapho app. Copy the App ID and App Secret and save them. You will need them when you set up and configure your Humanity connector.
Connector setup in Sapho
- Log into Sapho Builder (Admin).
- Go to the Connectors or Micro Apps page and start the Add Humanity Connector or Add Humanity Micro App wizard by clicking on the Humanity icon.
- Enter the URL of your instance. The instance URL is the domain where your Humanity instance resides.
- Enter the Username and Password for your dedicated Humanity account.
- Enter the Client Id and Client Secret that you saved in the previous section.
- Enter the Redirect URL https://www.sapho.com/oauthcallback
- Click Next to finish creating the connector.
Once you have created a separate account in Humanity and set up the integration in Sapho using that account, you will be able to ensure transparency in your event logs.
Any change made through the Sapho dedicated account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) will be clearly recognizable in your Event Log. Here’s an example log below: