How to integrate G Suite Calendar with Sapho version 3.9 or greater
Category: Integration Setup
Getting G Suite Calendar Client ID and Secret
Step 1: Sign in
Log in to www.accounts.google.com with the dedicated user account.
Step 2: Start application registration wizard
Start this wizard. You have two options here:
- Create a new project where your application will be registered: set the selector to Create a project and click the Continue button. Wait for confirmation that the Google Calendar API is enabled and click Go to credentials.
- Upgrade an existing project (by enabling the Calendar APIs): click the selector, choose an existing project and click Continue. Wait for confirmation that the Google Calendar API is enabled and click Go to credentials.
Step 3: Find out what credentials you need
Once you are on the Add credentials to your project page, you can configure credentials for your application.
- The first selector should be preset to Google Calendar API.
- Set the second selector to Web Server.
- Set the radio to User data.
Click on the "What credentials do I need?" button.
Step 4: Create an OAuth 2.0 client ID
- Fill in the Name of the client for the project.
- Set Authorized redirect URIs to https://auth.sapho.com/callback.
Then click the Create client ID button (click it twice if needed).
Step 5: Set up the OAuth 2.0 consent screen
- Set the Email address.
- Fill in the Product name shown to users.
Then click Continue.
Step 6: Get the application credentials
Now you can click the Download button to download a JSON with credentials or simply click Done and you will be redirected to a list of clients’ credentials.
Click the name of the client you have created previously. Copy & paste the values for Client ID and Client Secret in a secure place for later reference.
Step 7: Paste the credentials in Sapho
Also paste the credentials in the input fields of the integration configuration form for G Suite Calendar in Sapho. Click Next.
Step 8: Log in with the dedicated Google account
Step 9: Finish the creation of the integration
Once you have created a dedicated account in Google Calendar and set up the integration in Sapho using that account, you will be able to ensure transparency: all events created through Sapho will have their Created By field set to the special account (see the example below).