Audience: System administrators installing and configuring Sapho Server
This is step-by-step guide for Microsoft Windows Server operating systems and these steps may vary slightly depending on your configuration and environment.
1. Install Microsoft IIS HTTP Server
- Open the Server Manager and click Add Roles and Features.
- Click Next to reach the Server Roles step.
- Select Role-based or feature-based installation as the installation type and click Next.
- In the Server Selection step, choose Select a server from the server pool and click Next.
- Select the Web Server (IIS) checkbox in the Server Roles step and click Next.
- Click Add features to install the additional features that are required for IIS to run and click Next.
- Click Next until you reach Web Server Role (IIS). In Roles Services, select all the options under the Security section and click Next.
- In Confirmation, review all settings and click Install.
2. Install additional Microsoft IIS modules
- Install the Windows URL rewrite module. It can be downloaded from https://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite
- Install Application Request Routing (ARR). It can be downloaded from https://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/application-request-routing
3. Configure Microsoft IIS HTTP Server
- Launch IIS.
- Delete the IIS Default Website.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Sites and then click Add Website.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Site Name - A friendly name for your website
- Physical Path - A path leading to an empty folder of your choice
- Other Settings -Leave default
- Configure the IIS Site.
- Add HTTPS bindings.
- Open Safari, Chrome, Opera, or Internet Explorer browser and launch https://<your domain>. The Sapho page should be displayed.