Audience: System administrators installing and configuring Sapho Server
MobileIron AppConnect containerizes apps to protect corporate data-at-rest without touching personal data. Once applications are wrapped with the MobileIron AppConnect wrapper they are integrated into a secure container on the device. Each app becomes a secure container whose data is encrypted, protected from unauthorized access, and removable.
Wrapping the App
To enable AppConnect functionality, you will first need to wrap the app:
- Log in to the AppConnect Wrapping Portal.
- Navigate to Menu → Wrapped Apps → Create New
- Upload your .apk or .ipa distribution file. The app file will then be wrapped for you automatically.
Your AppConnect setup for MobileIron on Android devices is now complete.
For iOS devices, please continue with the following steps.
- Download the signing bash script
sign_wrapped_app.sh, which can be found in the Wrapping Portal. Please note, you will need to have a Private Key (and a distribution certificate) from the Apple Developer Portal properly stored in your Keychain in macOS.
- Find your Signing Identity (the -i argument for the next command) by running:
security find-identity -p codesigning -v | grep "iPhone Distribution: Sapho, Inc."
- Run the signing script on the wrapped .ipa file using the correct Signing Identity (the -i argument) from the previous step, e.g.:
./sign_wrapped_app.sh -i "QL1EE0LALXP4GADO13NARNZDN1IY803VD898PWQF" -b "com.sapho.apps.acme" Acme-1.1.1-Enterprise-wrapped.ipa
Checking App Sanity
This simple tool is great for finding a lot of potential app distribution problems:
- Log in to the MobileIron AppSanity Portal.
- iOS: Upload the wrapped and signed .ipa file and make sure that all checks are OK. Android: Upload the wrapped .apk file and check whether all the information is correct (Android checks are only informative).